Simple Protein Balls
Makes 22 small balls
- 1 x cup of almond butter OR peanut butter - make sure it's the healthy type!!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 x tablespoon cacao
- Dash of water
- Add honey and nut butter to large bowl & mix together
- Add oats, coconut, cacao, protein powder to bowl & mix using a spatula or wooden spoon also add the dash of water and mix - you want a sticky consistency but not watery.
- Roll into coconut & set in fridge in an airtight container.
- Place some in an airtight container which you freeze for up to 3 months
- Use good quality protein powder (protein that is quite simple and natural)
- Can use chocolate protein powder if desired.
- You can also use almond butter, peanut butter, nut butter or if you want to splurge, you can purchase ABC+ HEMP Butter. That is almond, cashews & Brazil nuts blended with hemp. It's around $9 from Coles.